Friday, March 16, 2007

The News - Waiting


Those of you who know this mom best, know that waiting is not my favorite thing to do, nor am I am any good at it. So what is happening today - we are waiting again.
Yesterday the call came in that we would have a CT scan instead of an MRI - woohoo - Dr. Yundt is not thinking it is as bad as we think.
So off to Bend this morning for his CT scan - he got to listen to his new Hawk Nelson CD during it. It was cute watching him drum with one finger.
I was with the operator and could see the CT scan - and it looked good to this mom. Swelling is down, fluid levels looked good, I think I saw where the spinal fluid drains and that was open. Woohoo!
Well over to Dr. Yundt's office we go - and we find out he is in an emergency surgery - poor guy. He will call us this evening. That was over 8 hours ago and I am dying here. I feel so sorry for him, but I just want his okay. What will happen if I have to wait till Monday. I think this is that virtue that God started me on when Josh was born. Hmmm could be a life long one.
Josh has no doubts it will be perfect - his comment "Mom we have God on our side, what are you worrying about". What an amazing kid he is. Sarah is doing great too.
Grades are out and it looks like Josh has straight A's again, and Sarah got all A+s what is a mom to do - can't ground them or anything. Sarah has gone from the one where kids were helping her, to the first one helping others. She is awesome.
They took Captain and headed out for ice cream - our treat to have survived the day! Once I hear from Dr. Yundt I will be posting here. Thank you for your prayers, we are still going through some rough times and all, but your prayers help us have the peace of Jesus!
I will see you later!
God Bless -
The Henrys

No comments: