Saturday, December 2, 2006

Good Night

Okay after messing around for an hour - I did something and can no longer use the pretty colors or pictures - man oh man and Mr Fields log on and it was fine for him - hmmmm I will check from another computer tomorrow and see if I just messed with this one.

It is time to say goodnight. Bruce and I are doing the shift thing - we love that! This is suppose to be my sleep shift.

A busy day in room 3026 - the friends were such a blessing, but it made me realize how very sick my Josh was and is as he wore out quickly. We had more drainage today on the vent tube - but still normal, and he had several problems with the itching - and of course he can not scratch because he has an open site where the tube is coming out.

Still looks like Wednesday is the day to leave - but we don't want to do anything to damage that. The vent tube comes out on Monday. So what is happening in room 3026 tomorrow - we start our morning with a CAT Scan - please join us in praying that the valve is open and draining! Unfortunately he can not go to church because he has the tube and a nurse must stay with him at all times - but we will see if Chaplin Ron can visit on Monday. His buddies are visiting tomorrow before heading home and then a walk again.

I am sorry I am not posting as much - the recovery is worse than surgery and I am exhausted. I slept off and on all afternoon, praise the Lord Bruce is feeling good.

Monday will be a zoo - Dr. Patrick and Dr. Ojemann are back and out comes the tube and then add in a blood draw and all three special therapist - woosh I am tired of thinking of that day. Then the walk down to the gift shop - maybe in wheel chair - he has gift certificates he is ready to spend.

Mom needs to get working on those grades - so that will probably be tomorrow - watch out my students.

Well I am off - we have a special nurse Julie on tonight - she is now a fast favorite and the charge nurse Christie is the best so we are in good hands at Childrens!

Take time to the thank the Lord!
The Henry's
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

4 comments:

Alice said...

Hello exhausted Mom,
It is great to see some faces to go with names that have been posting comments. The recovery is always the hardest and longest part. Just keep taking care of yourself as much as you can, get as much rest as possible, and let God take care of everything else. We are still covering you and yours with prayer. Looking forward to seeing you when you get home.Much love,
Alice

Jan said...

Hey there! Don't you apologise for not posting as often as you think you should! I am amazed you have been able to do what you do! You are awesome! Get some rest and know our prayers are with you always. much love!

Dick&Emily said...

The pictures and the postings are great. We don't know how you do any and be with Josh too. We look forward to every posting but we don't want you to stress about it. We keep praying and TRUSTING that our Lord will do what is best for Josh. Josh is making such wonderful progress. We praise Him and our faith increases because of what He has done for Josh and the rest of you. Thank you for all the postings you have done
Sarah, I miss you. I look forward to seeing my "all in pink" friend every morning when you come to school.
Lori and Bruce, keep resting when you can. Take care of yourselves. We miss you too.
Josh, We keep praying and believing that the Lord is faithful and will heal you all the way. We miss you too.
Love, Dick and Emily

Miss.Brumback said...

Wuz up josh,
I hope you are o.k.Kirstin told me that you named the tube in you head bill.I heard that you also are doing well.There is still a spot at our table for you.So how is it in seattle?My aunt christine lives in seattle.Well, see you in a little while.
Holly.B