Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Last Day at Childrens!

This is Josh with another favorite nurse, Julie. She is also one of our night angels. Also notice on the lower left a new picture - yeppers Josh with Seattle SeaHawks - giving them some hints. Are you jealous Uncle Jeff?

This mom is crying already today - this hospital has been home and as nurses are getting off the night duty they are saying goodbye - and we are going to miss them bunches. So for them this blog will continue so they can see Josh's growth through it all.

I got a great night's rest - even watched part of a movie but I fell asleep. Bruce and Josh slept good too! Josh's first word this morning after getting a standing hug (missed those) was can we go to the gift shop today? Hmmm he takes after his mom or what!

Well now begins the busy part for us - we are scheduling follow up appointments in Bend and Portland to keep him gaining the amazing strides he has made. It is really hard to believe that we are leaving today - what a change in life this will be.

Bruce and I want to take time now to thank our amazing family for all your love and support - Mom and Dad Henry for being here the entire time and then pitching in when really needed, and just sitting back and praying. My mom and dad - continuing on and loving us through it all. Thank you for the love. Loretta - wowowow you were here when we really needed you and you have the right words to say all the time - we still quote you by telling each other to not go there and worry about what we don't know. Thank you for your gift on Friday, Josh is jazzed to have another private RN. Aunt LeMay I am glad you made the decision to come and not let me decide. Those nights of sleep are priceless and having a private RN for recovery - woohoo and knowing it was all normal. Thank you Doug and Brendon for sharing. Kathy you and your familys selfless gift of taking Sarah - what a relief to know she is so loved and being taken care of. Plus teaching her multiplication- wowow! She probably won't want to come home. Linda and Rob we love you and we know you are with us in our struggles as you have had your struggles these last two years. Linda I can't wait to give you a hug and pat your adorable bald head. Christmas is going to be super special as a gift from God to have you and Josh there. Our La Pine Family the Fields- wowowow the doggy inn calmed Captain down and that is priceless. Thanks for keeping the home front running - and helping me pay bills. Isn't it amazing that through all this world continues going and the earth is spinning.

The prayers are amazing you readers have blessed it - my PTSA buds Nicky, Nick and Bobbie thank you for keeping it going. This mom is chilling on the outside things and will be focusing on her family that is what I have learned this adventure.

Grace's Youth - thank you for your understanding and letting us focus on Josh - when we start up again it will be some serious praising. Keep on trusting in God.

Okay I have rambled enough. God Bless you all!
The Henry's
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

Only 19 days till Christmas - do you know the real reason for Christmas? If not find out - that is Josh's prayer for you!

5 comments:

S said...

Wow! Amazing how quickly things happen. I just received Lori's email, went through Josh's Testimony, learned about Fred and his demise and I now join in Josh's joyous return home! Congratulations in being so brave Josh, Sarah, Bruce and Lori!

Merry Christmas
Love Sabrina

Unknown said...

Hey Josh,
I just wanted to post and say goodbye to you and your family. I'm happy for you to be leaving the hospital today Josh. I must admit I have been secretly wishing you would stay until Friday morning since I work Thursday night and I wanted to come to your room to say goodbye tomorrow night. :) I know you all want to get home and you've made such wonderful progress. So, I'll say goodbye to you all here and I hope you have a safe trip back home and a wonderful holiday. Keep healing so well Josh and I know you'll be playing basketball with your buddies very soon! I'm glad I was able to be your nurse that one night in ICU-you were alot of fun!
-Beth

Richard Lighthill said...

Josh, Hey you got to hang with some Seahawks? That must have been cool! If you see them again, could you ask them not to give us heartattacks by waiting until the last few seconds of a game to win? ;^)
We are looking forward to having you home again! Hard to believe that it was just a little over a week ago when you had your surgery! To you, a thousand years, and to us it seems like a month!
Just in case you think you will miss KFC again, we will not be having one this week due to water pump problems at the church. Should be all cleared up, though, by Sunday!
See you there, the Lord willing!

Pastor

Karla said...

I am so glad you are all getting out of the hospital today! I know how much it has become a part of your lives and the people there will never be forgotten! You have had some awesome people taking care of Josh and helping you out! Awesome to have such wonderful family and friends there for you! I am thankful for all these people for you and continue praying and praising for everything! Enjoy your time after the hospital with family and friends on your way home and cannot wait to hear that you are all home and things are beginning to get back to normal for you all! Lots and Lots of Love and (((((hugs)))))
Karla and Tony

Unknown said...

Josh,
I am so happy that you are going home today :) You are a such an incredible young man. Love you, Sarah (can't forget her) and your parents.