Monday, December 4, 2006

Today is the Day!

Okay this mom snuck out last night and went over to Ronald McDonald house and slept like a rock. While I was there the boys had a fishing party and were watching TV, snacking and sleeping. Not a long stretch of sleep but lots of it.

So why is today the day???? Dr. Patrick came by this morning and we are waiting with the CAT Scan until this afternoon - because Bill the Vent tube is clamped. We are waiting to see if Josh can make it with it clamped (like taken out) and if in the CAT Scan there is no swelling of the ventricles - then woohoo out comes Bill. Please join us in praying that Josh's brain valve is draining and we won't need a shunt as we are all ready to blow out of Children's. Now don't us wrong we adore this hospital but we are soon approaching 3 weeks.

If this does not happen - then we have more surgery for the shunt to go in - and at least another week. Although we have a favorite nurse Stephanie today - we want to go home!

Okay you are asking when will he be back in school - probably not till after Christmas vacation and then only half days. Join us in praying about that - who will care for Josh - our dear LeeAnn and Jeanette have volunteered but we are waiting to see if Bruce can!

Talking about work - both Bruce and I are so blessed by our workplaces - LPMS and Chemult RD you guys are the best - thank you for your loving support and caring and helping us not stress about work. Ms. Borton - Josh says you rock my world by taking such good care of my kids. He said I have not worried at all about school - which is so true. Suzie Q you made my day with your love and caring - Nanette - we know you run the school and you are such a blessing to me. Aloma - your secret is safe with me and thank you for lifting that burden.

LPMS and LPE Students - Josh and Sarah are going to the best schools in the state - okay world. Thank you for all your love and caring. They miss their friends so much - only Captain Rakshak the dog more.

The town of La Pine - you have blessed us by your love, concern and understanding - thank you for loving this family through this adventure. We see big things happening!

Well this waiting mom is going to go and have some breakfast and then work on grades - watch out my students.

The Henry family wants each of you that reads this, to stop and hug those close to you today and tell them how much you love them.

Mom - standing firm on the promise from Jesus that he is there and praying earnestly that Bill comes out!

6 comments:

Richard Lighthill said...

Josh and family,

We certainly missed you Sunday morning but we all are sooooo happy with Josh's progress! Yes, we are praying and praising here! I missed my drummer boy a lot during worship!

Hey, we are in Romans 13, believe it or not!

Harold and Elizabeth are heading south for the winter. We went to hear her at a concert in Bend yesterday afternoon. It was great!

We signed the contract for the steel building yesterday! PTL!

Waiting eagerly for the results of the CAT scan,

Pastor Richard

Sandi said...

Hello Henry Family
This is the third time I/ve tried to post this morning????? So here goes again.
You all were missed Sunday morning at Church, but know that everyone was Praising God for His miracle for you Josh.
I missed you at the drum during worship. Praying that you get home before Sunday as I am leaving for Texas to meet our newest granddaughter, Amelia.
So if you are not home before I go....please save me one of your GREAT hugs!
Sandi (grandma)

Jan said...

You can count on us for prayers on that valve working right! & positive results from the CAT scan. Love & Blessing, now I am going to go hug my kiddo's! Jan

polley's said...

Hi Josh,
Hope you are feeling better. Everyday you will be a little stronger and before you know it you will be back to normal.

We miss you as a neighbor and as family
love the Polley's

Debbie Van Vliet said...

Hi Josh, Standing with you and your family that "Bill" comes out and no shunt is needed. Praying that you and your family will get to come home this week.

Much love and prayers,

Debbie

Cindy Slate said...

Josh: I hope you don't have to have a shunt, but if you do they help people a lot. My son's class has a 13 y o boy who has one. Also 1 and 1/2 years ago, my dad got one. I am praying for you guys. Love Cindy Slate