Saturday, November 25, 2006

God's Hand with the Eye Doctor

Josh was evaluated by the Eye Doctor - Dr. Sohn today, in the middle of the evaluations walks in his boss Dr. Wyse. Now remember this is a Saturday. We have heard that Dr. Wyse oversees many of the hospitals in Seattle and is based here at Childrens. He came in with sweats and tennis shoes on - and helps in the evaluation of Josh. Were we impressed - greatly. In less than 10 seconds he knew when Josh had double vision and when he did not. What a blessing to have such a fantastic team working for us.

The outcome???? Jump up and down with us! It looks as though once the tumor is out his vision will return to its normal 20/20 and everything will be great. We do know there is the risk of the surgery and where FRED is hanging out - right on the Pineal Gland which is responsible for your vision - but hey we have the world known surgeons on the job, plus the master surgeon God, it is going to be great.

Josh is doing better this afternoon - tired but settling down great. We have chosen two of our primary nurses on return, makes Josh happy knowing they are there for him. Fiona and Stephanie you are the best and have blessed us over and over.

Pastor Stewart was here to pray with us today, what joy to have him close to us. I know he will be up here more. God is in control to bring us to a town with a pastor we know! Thank you Jesus.

Our nurses are joking that we are having a party on Wednesday with all the family coming up and dear friends, how blessed are we - I am still in awe.

Okay I mentioned earlier about George and the movie - the movie is "It is a Wonderful Life" and this Christmas will be a Wonderful Life for the Henry's! We have both broken down today, but you know that is expected and yet God is holding us together, and letting our wonderful parents wrap their loving arms around us. Plus we can feel your prayers wrapping around us.

Josh has homework and is balking at it - but you know me the teacher is going to get it done. We are working on our spelling words for this week - going with the big ones from the hospital - hehehehe I would type them here but will misspell them!

Well it is almost dinner time, and then I am going to hang tonight with Josh so won't get on here again probably, although I have to get these lesson plans typed up!

Once again, as we remember this season - please oh please come to Jesus and embrace HIM. He is the hope we have in Seattle and the only thing holding us together. We want you to be part of this family!

God Bless -
The Henry's
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

7 comments:

Karla said...

I am praising the Lord with you dear about Josh's eye exam! I have sent you an email. Tony and I will be leaving first thing in the morning for the bed and breakfast. Our prayers continue to be there with you even while we are gone. I will check in on you all as soon as we return. Love you all!!!
(((hugs)))
Karla

MNJAP said...

Hey Josh,

This is Aaron Fouts. I just got back from my dad's house and heard about what is going on. I have heard that you may have to shave your head for the surgery.

PS. I am going to shave my head too.

PSS. I am going to look different.

PSSS. Think anyone will recognize me?

PSSSS. You Rock.

PSSSSS. I am going to church tomorrow to pray for you.

PSSSSSS. There is no way I am letting my MOM near my hair!

PSSSSSSS. I will let someone else do it.

PSSSSSSSS. I like PS's

AARON FOUTS

Linda Brant said...

Bruce, Lori and Family. Wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and praying. Melissa, Ernie, Jeremiah, Ben and Sarah all know and are wishing you the best. We all look forward to seeing you at Christmas, as we are unable to get up there until then.

Trust and patience. These are hard for us humans. But watch God's hand at work. It will be amazing!

Love, hugs and kisses,
Aunt Linda and Uncle Robert

Cindy Dillon said...

Hi Lori,
Just heard the news. I'm beside you all the way with prayers. We have been at Doernbecher until today. Just got home. Tell Josh that Lance hated to lose his hair to but once it was gone he loved it. In fact he almost hates to see it growing back in. He will probably shave it this summer. As Lance says "Bald is soooo Cool". As you know, as I know, our God is so amazing and so large and he is the best physician. He is with you all. Let me know if I can do anything.
Love ya,
Cindy Dillon

Cindy Dillon said...

Hi Lori,

I just heard the news. You know that I am right by your side in prayer. We just got back from Doernbecher today. Lance was admitted Wed and got out today. Wish I would have known you were there. I know what your feeling and going through,I also know that we have a mighty, mighty God who will hold you tight through it all. You guys will make it through this. My family is living testimony to it and to how God is our biggest hope and victory!!!!Love ya, hang in there, make sure you eat(the good stuff too) and girl make sure you get plenty of rest!!!

Josh..Lance hated the idea of losing his hair too, but once he did he loved it. Says it's sooo easy and "Bald is cool". Now that it's growing back in he's thinking of shaving it off again. Besides bald really is in fashion these days. Hang in there! God is with you all the way!!

Love, prayers and blessings,
Cindy Dillon

Cindy Dillon said...

Oops! Sorry about the extra comment. I thought the first one got lost. I'm bad :/

Tracey said...

Lori & family,
I finally got a chance to get on here & read everything! Sounds like things are going as good as they can considering! I am praying that all goes well & you are back home soon! It is so awesome that you have so many friends & family there with you, I am sure that helps alot! If there is anything I can do, please let me know! I love you Sis & your family too!! Take care & Hugs to all!
Love, Blessings & Prayers,
Tracey