Thursday, November 23, 2006

Surgery is going to happen

Before I get into the grit - my dear friend Vonnie found this out - you can send Josh an e card through the hospital and the nurse will print it off and bring to him The website is www.seattlechildrens.org/postacards/greetings.asp?catergory=16

Okay we met with four of the five neuorsurgeons - and this is what is happening.

1. They don't really think they will be able to get the biopsy of it - so we are skipping that first surgery - which means that radiation is not an option.

2. When is surgery - well after discussing it I am probably sure it will not happen until next Tuesday or Wednesday - because we want the best team possible and being this is a holiday weekend - it is not going to happen - but only one surgery.

3. If that happens - then Josh will do some baseline tests until then to keep him from being bored - but he has been going around the hospital with us - and we may sneak out to Ronald McDonald House for dinner tonight.

4. I was just bopped in the head - I will be taking the next 2 weeks off from school! Woohoo! I am going to be so behind - but Josh is first and my priority. Thank you dear Loretta.

5. I think we are all to learn patience - and it is going to drive me crazy - but we will endure. I am blessed with a wonderful family and friends and we will be successful.

Well Josh's big complaint is that the food - he does not get to pick they just deliver. He now has a PSP system in the room and so that and TV is keeping him going.

Spirits - it is okay - we are just ready to be done. I could take a nap! LOL wish Josh would let me! He wants Mom close by! Love the kid.

All is well! thank you for your prayers - you are such a blessing! I will post for sure when Surgery is when we know!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Turkey Family
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

No comments: