Thursday, November 23, 2006

Surgery is Set!

Once again we see the hand of God in everything. Loretta helped me realize what was important was the best surgery team for Josh.

Well I talked to one of the neurosurgeons and he shared after consulation and how well Josh is doing - he will have surgery on Tuesday Morning - the time is not shared with us yet. And the two surgeons performing it are the one recommended to us and the one I met this afternoon that impressed me.

They are going to go in and take the entire tumor out in one surgery, we are not going to have the small one to relieve pressure - first because it will then reduce the space and complicate the surgery and also Josh really does not want two surgeries.

Before surgery, he is going to have another opthamology test done and then some neurological testing done for a base line to see if anything changes after the surgery. A blessing to have time to do that!

Surgery on Tuesday will last from 6 to 8 hours - will this mom make it. Tonight I found a sibling room where we can check Sarah in for two hours during the surgery and she will have a fun place to play.

Loretta is going on home tomorrow, but everyone else is hanging around for the duration. I will be taking the following week off as Josh will have a 4 to 5 day recovery and we don't want to rush home right away. Plus if he is up to it we will go to the Star Wars OMSI exhibit in Portland.

At lunch we were laughing and teasing each other - about a girlfriend. I made some comment about he better not die, or I will come to heaven and get him so I can pick on him more. Josh calmly replies I am not going to die. There you have it in a nut shell.

Josh was bummed because he is not with the Fields and Grandma Sonja and Grandpa Buck for Thanksgiving - but we are getting him Thanksgiving today. Pretty quiet in the hospital.

Well I am off to shop for more clothes - hehehehe! Josh and Bruce are vegging in the room, Josh is tired easily and just wanting to hang. Yesterday in the MRI he got scrub bottoms to wear and that is all he wants to wear - must admit he looks adorable.

Have a blessed evening of Thanksgiving and I will post more tomorrow - maybe get Josh down to write.

Love to you all!
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

2 comments:

Karla said...

Hey all you Henry's! I am so glad to hear that Josh isn't going to have to have two surgeries! Yeah Josh! Gotta get a picture in those scrub bottoms! Lori, I sent you Thanksgiving pics to your email addy. Cory was awesome! Josh, I bet you have already charmed all your nurses! Sarah, you have fun in the sibling room on Tuesday! Lori, I swear you will find any excuse to go shopping eh? hehehe! I wanna go shopping with you and I wanns go see the Starwars OSMI exibit with you Josh! What an awesome family you all are!!! God Bless!!!
With lots of love!! and (((((hugs)))))
Karla

Unknown said...

Hey Lori,
I am posting the updates to my My Space. Plus I have put the link to your blogspot there so we can generate as many prayers as we can. I will also have him added to our prayer list at church!
Loving Hugs!!
Tina