Saturday, November 25, 2006

It is Clearing in Seattle!

It looks to be a fairly nice day in Seattle, and we were just blessed with tickets to the Seattle Zoo so we may be running away from the hospital for a while and enjoying it.

Josh is starting to worry about his surgery - what is happening and all that. Eventhough he knows he will be asleep for all of it - it is creeping in. The worst part he shared with me is that he is losing his hair. Figures!

Praising raining down - Pastor is coming up on Monday and we are so blessed. We are asking him to bring the laptop so Josh can actually be typing. He does get tired quickly and was with us for breakfast and wants to hang in his room. Mr. Brown he has a journal and we are now requiring him to write in it everyday! He thinks he is going to sneak this blog as his writing - but mom has been doing it, glad I am not being graded.

For some reason today is harder for me - I have been crying a lot and the financial burden is hitting me. I am blessed that insurance will prayerful cover it all - but the meals in the hospital are taking their toll - but you know the lesson I have learned this week, it is only money and not worth worrying about it.

Yesterday we had Jen (good name right Jenny) for Child Life Therapy come and hang. Josh has a doll that he was able to put the IV in and talk about what is going on. He has to decorate his doll but that will happen. Sarah is excited because she is going to hang with Jen during the surgery and get her own doll. Also on Monday Josh will hang with the music therapist and get to play the drums for a while - so Pastor your drummer boy will be here!

Today's plans - hang will lunch because the opthamologist doc is coming, then head to the zoon. Back home for dinner and an early night. Tomorrow is church and that is about it. Monday we will be sticking by the hospital and then heading to the airport to pick up Aunt LeMay. Josh has already warned our nurses that Aunt LeMay and Aunt Loretta will be here so they better be good.

We will see Dr. Ojamen today - the big dude - which is awesome! We already saw the Head Neuorsurgeon for Children's this morning. It is amazing how they become friends after being here for this short time. We are in our own world.

Not sure how much I will post - I worked on uploading pictures yesterday and it does not work - maybe with our laptop I will be able too. I am a little exhausted today!

Thank you again for your prayers and comments - they are a blessing to us! Love you all!

The Henrys
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

6 comments:

Libby Seitz said...

Dear Lori and family.
I just received an email from Lemay and she told me about Josh. My thoughts are with you all and you will stay in my thoughts.
Love, Libby Seitz, Bend, OR
"A snowflake is winter's butterly"

Sandi said...

Hi Josh and Family
Just finished reading all the news on your blog. Wish we all could be there to support you on Surgery day! But you know we will be with you in Prayer. How about them beavs!! Did you get to see any of the game? I watched Mr. Williams twins while they went over to the game!! What a day that was!!
Lori and Bruce stay strong and hug Josh for me. (sarah too)
Sandi

Chellers said...

Hey There!
I am glad it is clearing up over there! Its natural to be nervous about surgery, but remember Jesus and his angels will be taking care of you while you are snoozing away, Mom and Dad and Sarah remember that too alright? Now I expect all of you to remind me of that some day if I ever have to have surgery alright? Don't worry we will all be praying constantly throughout the whole surgery. Josh dont worry about your hair either, because it will grow back. Remember Be Not Afraid , For I Am Always With You.
Chellers

Samantha F. said...

Hey Lori,

I know that God has you and your family in the palm of His hand! It's incredible, as I read the updates and pray for Josh, I can feel these waves of love and compassion. I keep being reminded of Jeremiah 29:11.

I love you, Lori!! (I know we haven't had a chance to talk in a while, but our spirits know each other REALLY well!) You and your "Bug" family are in my thoughts and I'll ask my new church family to be praying!

God bless you Josh!

Hugs and Love,
Samantha aka Yaksalot

Jenny said...

Hi Josh,

Hang in there cuz! You are God's mighty warrior on Earth and his angels are your body guards....they will watching over you for HIM.

Just wanted to let you know that your on my church prayer chain too...and getting prayed for in several different states including Utah, Texas, Georgia, and Oregon.

Love you tons, you are making an impact in more people's lives than you will ever know. Keep staying strong...and remember its okay to ask questions. (This is coming from a teacher, so I know what I'm talking about.)

I'm glad that the people helping you are great...especially that Jen :)

Oh yes...Aunt Kathy is coming up with Aunt Loretta, and the rest of the family will be praying all day long.

Love you, and hope you had fun at the zoo.

Cuz Jenny

Jenny said...

Hey cuz!
Pop's told me to tell you that your the frist person he's sunday school class prayed for. My sunday school class prayed for you too. I heard on the news that it might sonw in Seattle. So you might get luky and have some sonw. Tell Sarah that I said hi and give her a big hug fo me. Gie one to Lori and Bruce too. Wish I could come up there and see you but I have to go to school. We'er having tests this week. Well love you bunches.

Marcia