Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to our Family and Friends around the World.

As I think of all our blessings I can think of some for just the last 24 hours:
1. Safe travel over the mountains and up to Seattle for everyone!
2. Showers - I had a great one!
3. Clean Clothes - thanks Jeannette and Lee Ann - but dresses - I was thinking boring jeans.
4. Sleep blessed Sleep - in the hospital we all slept like rocks. Josh can not remember the nurse coming in every two hours - and Bruce and I are so rested finally - although I could see a nap later!
5. Knowing what is going to happen today - the not knowing was getting to us all!
6. Josh says a Nintendo - he gets one today and woke up ready to play.
7. FRED - this is a wierd- it has just opened my eyes that today is today and what an awesome family I have and not to put things before them or take time to play with them
. It is helping me not put off till tomorrow - we are making dates, and you know saving for a rainy day is not always the best as the rainy day may not come.
8. Our Lord and Savior Jesus, and our awesome Father God. When I feel so alone I know God watched his son die on the cross, so He knows my pain and suffering!

Okay I am crying again - I made it through all day yesterday without crying. Josh was so proud of me!

Our plans for today - showers!!!! Josh's is food!!!! There is a family activity from 10 to 12 we will partake in and then we are going to walk around and learn about Seattle's Children Hospital. We are going to take pictures today so will upload those! I promise to send in the address - it is in a book in our room and I was running to get a hot shower today!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and hug your family for us! Don't let the time you have slip away without telling someone that they are loved!

Then Henry's hanging in Seattle!
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for all of you and I have forwarded this to my Nazarene Circle of Sisters group. They are praying for you all also. Love you and will keep watching for updates.
Tina Pridgen

Jenny said...

Henry Family,

Happy Thanksgiving from Salem, Oregon and the Welty's. All of the family up there with you will be in our prayers and thoughts today. We praise God with you for the things He is doing and what He has done so far. We are all in HIS hands, and praise Him for that. Keep being strong in God and leaning on His understanding. Love you all, and let your praises ring to Him today.

From The Weltys
Ron, Kathy, Ray, Jenny, Marcia, Ryan

Laurel Cornelius said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Me and my family will be praying for you and yours today and everyday until FRED is gone. Praying to give you the little bit of extra strength and courage to get through all of this. Remember everything happens for a reason, and makes us stronger for it. God bless you all, take care of each other.
Laurel, Michael, Grandma Jeanne, Stephani and Mike

Richard Lighthill said...

Lori & Bruce,

Did you get a laptop to work with? If so, the little video camera I loaned you has a USB connector built in (on the side) just pop it up and plug it in. The software in already in the camera. You can even create an email-able video with it!

pastor