Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bye Bye Hair

This is a pre operation picture - he is wrapped as a practice run - hehehehe we are blessed!
Well Bruce and I were kicked out because Josh has had his happy juice and is out of here. He is now getting put under and having his head shaved. They are putting in the IV's and getting him ready. We will posting updates as my laptop works here.

Surgery total time is 7 to 8 hours - that is the before and recovery and the actual surgery is 5 hours. Bruce got to meet Dr. Ellensborogh and likes him too. He is assisting Dr. Ojemann. We have met the entire team, nurse and the anthestiologists - it is a blessing this time that God has put together.

I have a pager and the nurse will call with updates so I will keep you posted. We know we are surrounded with prayer because there is so much peace with Bruce and I. Some of the best parts about today was David the Music Therapist came and hung for a while. We sang Jingle Bells and had instruments - it sounded like a choir and was beautiful. We received many compliments.

Then we had prayer, and everyone prayed and we ended by singing Jesus Loves Me - what a special time for this mom. Josh is so full of peace and ready to get rid of Fred!!! Bye Bye Fred!

Thank you again for blessing this family - we have our extended family here and it is awesome awesome! God is so good!

Love you all!
The Henrys
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

8 comments:

Chellers said...

I have been praying and will continue. It is going to be constant until all is done. I have others praying as well. Thanking the lord for praises we are going to be hearing!
chellers

Jan said...

Goodbye Fred! Glad you guys are having some peace and comfort, music is good for the soul. You are all in our hearts, praying these next few hours pass quickly for you. God's strength is in the surgeons hands. Bless you all.

Nanette said...

I'll try this again. Everytime I get to the post part it won't accept my password.

Things are good here just a little too much snow. Everytime I look outside its snowing again. We have about 7" on the ground. We watched the Seattle Seahawks game last night and couldn't believe all the snow. Not common for there so watch out for those crazy drivers.

Brandi's doing a great job in your classroom although I did hear a rumor she was stranded with no lunch! She couln't leave her classroom because the key I gave her didn't work. Jennifer rescued her and we found her a different one. So all is good @ LPMS.

I'm so bad at rambling but I wanted to keep you busy for a few minutes of your long wait.

I'm anxiously waiting for your next post. Take care and know you're in my prayers.

Debbie Van Vliet said...

Hi -- I & Marty have been praying, so is Debbie Farmer, Sandy Kerbow and Bonnie Criswell. I have lifted Josh up to our Precious Saviour, Jesus. Asking it be His hands that does the surgery, His eyes that see all. Asking for Peace and Comfort for you and yours. Also, thanking Jesus for His mighty works and Praising Him for his answer to our prayers. Love, Debbie

Debbie Van Vliet said...

Hi again, I forgot to tell you our Bible Study Group is standing in Prayer this whole afternoon for Josh, also. Thought you should know we've got you covered Josh. Love, Debbie

kaili1 said...

Josh,
There is so much snow here that school got out 15 min. early just so the bus schedule would be right! Hop to see you soon everyone here misses you lots! When you get back you have to skip down the cafeteria for us again! lol get back soon remember the longer your gone the more the homework will pile up.Don't let fred see your homework we don't want him too smart now do we?
love Kaili

Sandi said...

We are praying for Josh today that God will guide the Doctors hands and that all the people in the operating room will be focused, and alert. Please Lord be with Lori and Bruce, let them feel Your abiding Love and strenght. Surround them with peace and assurrance. We ask in Christ's name. Amen

CokeyColey said...

Hey again just hought that I would tell you that DK,Amoz,Nick, and a couple of other people shaved their heads. We all miss you and can't wait till you get back. DK is lonely without you!!! hehehe lol!!!! Ha I thought that it was vey funny!
Tell the family that my family is praying for you guys and hope all goes well. I would have sheaved my hair if I wasn't a girl but I a, so sorry about that.just kidding!!!lol

Love ya and awaiting the moment you get back!!

Nicole Leak