Thursday, November 30, 2006

Miracles Happenin'

First of all - I am sorry that three were posted yesterday - so can you tell that I was very tired last night. Aunt LeMay was our angel and stayed with Josh last night and Bruce and I crashed, literally at Ronald Mc Donald House.

Secondly - sorry it has taken me so long - the wireless signal today is very weak and I have not been able to connect in the room, in addition tons of people coming through today - woosh you would think it was a party.

Josh wants to dictate a post to me - so we will try tonight and uploading his picture I took today - and yes dear Basketball Team the hair is gone!

Before sharing the Henry Family wants to thank the Young Family and Mrs. Faust and her class for blessing us so much today - this mom was crying with the wonderful gifts you sent and all the love you have shared.

Okay - first of all Josh is making progress by leaps and bounds. Our main issue right now is the steriods - they are making him a chatterbox and not letting him sleep. We just had our first anxiety attack with them since coming out of ICU - he was not liking himself that way, but we know with time and the weaning off of steriods he will our Josh again.

His eyesight is getting better - it is very blurry and he is still seeing double - but once again time and our awesome great physician God - we will overcome this one. We have had some milestones - he did sit up and then did stand too! Woohoo!

To our dear friends sharing about stunts - we have no fear of the stunts and are blessed by them - we just want to come home today! If the shunt has to be put in - Josh will need to have another surgery and we will be here. If the shunt is not needed and it drains on its own (which we won't know for a few days) we could be out of here by next Wednesday. We are so ready to come home.

Okay Mom and Dad are mucho better after getting a full night sleep - I am still pretty tired but you know what - Josh has been sleeping off and on today - that is major after not sleeping at all in ICU - but daily by daily it will get better. They had to kick us out - and I could just imagine Aunt Loretta yelling in my ear - get your sleep and now. What an awesome support team and so beautiful too!

I hope to get my laptop working so I can thank you each personally - but it may not happen. We are so blessed by this wonderful hospital and all the outpouring of love you all give us! We are just sitting back and soaking it all up!

Aunt Kathy - and the rest of the Welty's thank you for taking care of our little Angel - it is so much easier on us - but boy oh boy do we miss her. Sarah Bear your mommy loves you!

Pastor - Josh is still praising the Lord for you coming in and being with him! What a blessing you are to us - and he is in such peace.

God Bless Each and Everyone!
The Henrys - Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

12 comments:

janice said...

Lori and family:
Myy thoughts and prayers are with you all during this stressful and anxiety ridden time. As you have been saying - there is a higher power that is directing traffic and not always in the way we want to go. I'll see you guys when you get back to school but know that I'm thinking of you. Janice Smith (school nurse)

Karla said...

Dear Lori, Josh, Bruce and Sarah,
What awesome news and miraculous progress! Lori as you know my father had a brain tumor and so I went through some of this and I am just awed by the super progress happening there! God is with you all and blessing everything going on there!! I cannot wait to hear that you all are going home! God bless your aunt for staying with Josh so you and Bruce could get some much needed sleep! You two need to keep up your strength through all of this too. Josh, you are such an inspiration!! Sarah, you are a great sister and such a blessing to your family! Continuing to pray that things keep going in this awesome possitive direction and that another surgery won't be needed. I look forward each and everyday to the updates! Sending lots of love and (((((hugs)))))
Karla and Tony

Jenny said...

Dear Mom, Dad, and Josh,
I missed you so much, I cryed, last night and yesterday. But not today! Cause I read the latest blog you sent, that said you missed me and loved me. I miss you to and I love you too. I had fun making cookies. I wish you guys were there to make them with me. I love you Josh. I hope you get well soon.
Love you bunches, SARAH

Alice said...

Hello Henry's,
Don't you worry about us, you just take care of yourselves and Josh. We just love hearing the updates, but your first job is taking care of Josh and the 2 of you! Get to the updates when you can, and offer the rest up. Still praying and praising for the Miracles wrought thus far, and the many more to come, and looking forward to having you guys home, too.
Love you,
Alice

Susan Lawrence said...

So glad progress is being made!
We look forward to having everyone back where they belong!
Lori, I MISSSSSSS you! Josh, I've seen a few bald heads here at school in support of you! Isn't is great to to have such awesome friends!?????!
Just remember that our Great and Awesome GOD is in Control!
With Love, Susan (Mrs. Lawrence)

The Brown's said...

To my Dear Henry Family,

There are so many things to praise God for when it comes to our children. I am so happy to see how everyone is giving God all the glory in this situation. He is an Awesome God. I can not wait til your return so that we can praise him togther. So until then we will praise him with you from afar. I love you guys and I am happy to be home where all my true friends are. I can't wait to see all of you minus Fred!!!

Dawn Brown

Dakotah Karrer said...

Hey Josh I'm glad progress is being made, WE miss you guys very very very very very very very very very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't weight to see you again Josh.

from,
your friend DAKOTAH

MNJAP said...

Hey Josh,DK is right we all miss you and your faimly VERY VERY much and im very very glad to hear the good news
p.s.my head gets a little cold in the morning and at night and your head probably gets cold too hehehe
p.s.its worth it though
Aaron

Peggy Lou Morgan said...

Lori and Bruce:

This is advice that I am not very good at taking myself but our wonderful primary provider at LaPine Clinic, Brice Stanley, reminds me. This is the time for you to take care of you two. The exhaustion is built up from the worst stress. The stress is not gone but is easing enough the exhaustion you have burried will come on big time. One night of sleep will not be enough to catch up. All of the care and help that you have now won't come home with you (except of course all of us at Grace Fellowship). The best thing you can do for Josh is to take care of you now.

The hardest thing for me has been to learn how to let the Lord take the night watch while I sleep. You can trust Him to do that. He has demonstrated that with Billy Ray repeatedly.

Love ya,
Peggy Lou

Loretta said...

Hey Josh,

Glad you had a better day today. Heard from Gr Bev that you did really good with the speech therapist. Great Job!! Remember to breath in and out real slow when you need to ok? love to all!!

Aunt Loretta

ps and yes Lori and Bruce, take care of yourselves too!! Sleep is a have too right now. xoxoxo

Jan said...

I am so glad to hear things are progressing well! & that you are resting! Wonderful! Hope you get some more, and Josh too. Those steroids can be so hard on a body. Have seen it with my dad & with Rod. Can't imagine how hard it is on a sweet kiddo! You guys all take care and know you are still in our thoughts and prayers day & night!{{{hugs}}}

Richard Lighthill said...

Josh and family,

Dick Fritts and I got home safely Wednesday afternoon after taking a side trip to St. Charles Hospital (you know the place!) to see Jaki Bechtold (yes, she is back in the hospital again.) Her heart rate had dropped into the low 40's and the doctors want to keep an eye on her.

I am so glad that I could be with you all on the "big day." It was a lot of fun (the drum thing) and a lot of faith (prayer and praise) that the Lord used to bring us all thru a lot of fears. He is so good!

Josh, I am proud of you! I know you have grown a lot during this experience and will be able to be of encouragement to others who go thru similar medical problems.

Lori, the binder was delivered to the school first thing Thursday morning. Imagine that, a teacher that had to do her homework and get it to school on time! I am so glad that the Lord held you up during that stress-filled day, carried you and blessed you!

Bruce, don't forget to write down your thoughts and experiences! Your care for your family was evident as well as your faith. Get some sleep now!

Sarah, we showed some of the movies we took with the church people on Thursday night. They really enjoyed seeing you play nurse, sign "Jingle Bells" and say "That's gross!" about Fred's picture! We all love you too!

I might try to show some video's at the middle school tomorrow if I can. I am sure that some of the students and teachers might be interested!

Sleep well, you all!

Pastor and Denese