Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Josh is in ICU


This is Josh before surgery in the giraffe portion of the hospital these are some of the awesome paintings - I will show you more tomorrow.
Okay what is up with Josh - he is ICU and having a reaction to the steriods and so not himself. It is taking both Bruce and I to settle him down - it is going to be a long night - if we could get him to sleep it would make it so better. Unfortunately Bruce will not be able to be here all night - so it will be a long night - but I know it will pass soon.
What about his surgery? It is a blessing. It did take about 5 hours - FRED is gone! It was a (spelling) terrytoma tumor and it is not maligant - it was a perfect surgery. It took longer than they anticipated - but they were able to get it without any damage to pineal gland or the artiery right there. It was truly a blessing and God was great!
It is now 11:34 and I am going to try to get some sleep. Thank you once again for your awesome prayers! You are all blessings to this family!
The Henrys
Bruce, Lori, Josh and Sarah

8 comments:

Lyris said...

YAY!!!!!!!!
I am praying God's peace for you all as you try and settle tonight.

It is awesome news that it wasnt anything sinister lurking there - and that it is now GONE!

Praying for a speedy recovery now.
Jaki

Debbie Van Vliet said...

I am praying for Peace, comfort and God's gentle touch for quietness for all of you this night. I pray for a sense of calmness to overcome Josh, that only God can give him.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Debbie

The Stoe's From Minnesota said...

Thanks to God that it is over and the recovery can begin! What great news that it was not malignant. Now, let's have a speedy recovery, Josh!

Lee, Kate, Isaac & Tenner

Karla said...

Oh PTL! This is awesome! Praying for peace and rest for all of you! (((((BIG HUGS!!)))))
love and blessings!!
Karla

Unknown said...

This was the first place I came to this AM to see how my little "nephew" doing. I am so happy to hear all this that I picked Tigger up and did the happy dance. I love you Josh (and Lori,Bruce and Sarah) Praise GOD for his blessings.
Aunt Leslie

Stu Johnson said...

Big sigh of relief here. Great news about Fred being benign. I wil let the kids at school know. They have been concerned. So far, two bald 7th graders running around.

Stu and Teresa

CokeyColey said...

Yes Josh is ok!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get to go to school and tell everyone that Josh is fine and in good hands! Now we just have to pray that you have a speedy recovery and come back to school soon cause we need you back at the lunch table! Is the steroids part of the weekness thing to help him gain back his straingth??? i don't know because i've never heard of the before!

Love ya and miss ya,

Nicole Leak

faith said...

Great news! Thanks to your aunt who called last night with an update after the surgery. Our prayers and thoughts are with you guys! Love, faith, ed, chris and jake

Hey, josh, we'll miss you at the game tonight! ---Chris

Josh, I'm going to get my head shaved like yours! :-)jake