Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mom Here


We had a fairly restful evening - Josh was so talkative that we did not get to sleep till after 10 - but we slept good off and on. At midnight they came and hooked up his IV to Saline water, and he slept okay with it. He had a lot of sweating through the night - they think it is the nerves from thinking about surgery. But about 3 he prayed and that stopped. Thank you Jesus. He looks cute with is wrap - I have some pictures to upload once I figure it out. Aunt Le May was a blessing helping him laugh and relax. She took my place when they put in the IV - what a blessing.

The MRI is behind schedule as the roads in Seattle are icy - many of the hospital staff did not get to go home, they stayed here and are working the next shift too - or a later one. So funny for us from Central Oregon as what is a little snow! But a huge city is shutting down.

Bruce has showered - I am heading there next- never know when those docs will show up - yesterday the surgical team came in and I was in my jammies.

Josh is still resting off and on - I think the hunger thing is getting him down big time. Bruce and i are going to sneak out and eat - we are not allowing food or drink in his room- as this is the hard part this morning. Well looks like the next post will be after a successful surgery. Thank you again for your prayers - how would we have made it on this adventure without you all. You are amazing.

To Grace Fellowship - we can feel you prayer warriors already, we were able to sleep last night - and actually feel a little rested. Your love and out pour of a love offering has overwhelmed us and blessed us so much. Jeanette I am at your house praying with you today. Grandpa Buck we are praising the Lord your surgery went so awesome - just wish this was the last one. We have the best pastor don't we! Pastor Lighthill you are truly a man of God doing HIS work.

Brandi - my sub, thank you for taking over. The rest of the staff at LPMS - thank you for helping her feel so welcome and assisting her - what a blessing to have that weight off my shoulders - although I would rather be struggling with you than here.

Well the shower is calling. God Bless You today as you have blessed us.

The Henrys

9 comments:

Bubbles said...

Henry family-

I just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I prayed with a co-worker this morning. You have been added to her prayer chain, and my east coast friends are praying, too. Fred doesn't stand a chance!

Love to you all.
Amy

Bill Cox said...

Henry crew-

Just wanted to let know that there is whole bunch of us down here in Eugene that are trusting God for His will today... i.e.- see ya fred!!!!!

Looking forward to Good News!!!

Love Bill

Jan said...

Hi Henry's! We are with you in heart, mind and spirit today! Hope you are feeling our prayers and thoughts cuz we are sending them to ya! Will check in later, lots of love and prayers, Jan and family!!

Alice said...

Hello Henry's
Hard to blelieve that a big city like Seattle shuts down with a little snow. LaPine has more than 6 inches and no school delays or closures. I think we may be on our way to over a foot!
Continued prayers for your peace this morning. My thoughts are there with you, and I look forward to praising God for evicting Fred!!
Love and Hugs,
Alice

Forbes Family said...

Hey Henry Family,
Just know we are thinking of you all today, and praying like crazy for a speedy recovery!! Time for Fred to go! The whole Presbyterian Church of Lakeview will be praying for you as well. Stay strong.....Love Todd, Angie, Pamela, & Conner

Laurel Cornelius said...

Josh & Family,
Not long now.
Just wanted to let you to know that I'm still here thinking and praying for you all; today especially!!!! Take care of each other and feel everyones prayers and wishes with your big wonderful hearts. Can't wait to get on here this PM and see that "FRED" has been destroyed and all is well.
Love,
Laurel, Michael, Stephani, Jeanne and Mike

Byron C said...

Henry Family- Just good to hear the surgery went well and Fred is gone. Let me know any way I can help. Your in my prayers and thoughts.

Devon and Jon said...

Josh can you send me the address i have something to send you.

devon said...

send me the address